I'm planning on camping on the way up and back to cut the drive time in half; once in Valley of the Rogue state park and once near Crater Lake. Then staying in a hostel in downtown Portland. I'm super excited to be visiting my brother and cousins and seeing the city I've been told "I would love" over and over again. Alrighty, better get crackin' if I'm going to finish booking everything. Feel free to share Portland advice and/or stories!
Oh, I have to upload a picture - this morning Peter found a pea with a face! It's the creepiest thing *ever*! I'll post it after my camera battery is charged.
Here's my meme time-waster:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:45am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Not much for either, really, but I like black pearls (freshwater pearls?). Or maybe little diamonds.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Wall-E; Super cute! Gotta stay up on the kids films for work. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it)
4. What is your favourite TV show? Hmmm...I don't know, I don't think I have one because I usually get irritated with shows after a while, plus I only get 5 channels on my TV. I watched "Spaced" online and thought it was pretty funny, though.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? coffee and cereal
6. What is your middle name? Johannah
7. What food do you dislike? Tomatoes, mushrooms, bananas, and some stinky cheese that I smelled but did not taste in Sweden.
8. What is your favourite CD at the moment? Zoe Keating's One Cello X16
9. What kind of car/truck do you drive? I borrow my mom's car(s) which include a Mercury Sable and a VW Jetta. I occasionally drive a 1966 Mustang. ;)
10. What characteristic do you despise in people? Superiority complexes, closed-mindedness, lack of empathy, etc.
11. Favourite clothing? Jeans and black tshirts with dumb images or logos on them.
12. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would it be? New Zealand
13. Favourite brand of clothing? I really don't care; if it doesn't look like crap or cost a fortune I'll wear it. Though I'm trying to step up my wardrobe a tiny bit these days...or plan to eventually, that is.
14. Where would you retire to? Maybe Sweden
15. Most memorable birthday? not sure
16. Favourite sport to watch? Synchronized swimming
17. What does the last text message you received say? It says "Mary" and that is all - definitely wrong number. Maybe it's a secret code....like "initialize project mary"?
18. Person you expect to complete this first: er, maybe holypug?
19. When is your birthday? Feb 23
20. Are you a morning person or a night person? Either/or, depending on the situation. I tend to try to plan ahead; ie. go to sleep early if I have to get up early or sleep in if I'm going out late that night. As long as I have coffee I'll be fine.
21. What is your shoe size? 8, give or take a little
22. Favourite Pets? I really want a hedgehog, which I will name "Killer".
23. Exciting news you'd like to share with us? um, I'm about to go to Portland for the first time!
24. What did you want to be when you were little? I think I said a dancer or a pediatrician, then artist as I got a bit older.
25. What is your favourite candy? Violet crumble is really good, or peanut butter cups?
26. What is your favourite flower? Fresias
27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? August 9th, leaving for Portland!
28. What is your full name?: Should that be posted online? I'll make it a scramble: Sardit Hanjonnah Miths
29. What are you listening to right now? Street noises; construction and traffic.
30. What was the last thing you ate? Scrambled eggs.
31. Do you wish on stars? Yes, when I'm stargazing in Tahoe I do occasionally.
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Cyan
33. How is the weather right now? Mild
34. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Adrianne
35.What is your favourite soft drink? Cherry coke
36.Favorite restaurant? I like Palo Alto Sol a lot, and Kan Zemman
37.Colour of your hair? Brown...maybe soon to be Auburn
38. What was your favourite toy as a child? My Glow Worm or an octipus that my mom made out of my dad's old socks.
40. Hugs or kisses? Alternating between the two, or used in conjunction
41.Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
42.Do you want your friends to email you back? Obviously
43.What is under your bed? A container for my paper (rolls of nice/misc paper for various projects) and a portfolio of prints...plus Peter's random boxes of stuff too.
44. What did you do last night? Watched The Fog on TV; good lord it was bad.
45. What are you afraid of? Being on a bridge in an Earthquake.
46. How many keys on your key ring? 19 - and no, I'm not a janitor :)
47. How many years at your current job? 4 at the studio, 2 for the kids group
48. Favourite day of the week? Thursday, maybe?
49. How many towns/cities have you lived in? three
50. Do you make friends easily? Hmm...I like to chat with people at work, school, etc, but making buddies to go out and do stuff takes more time - I'd say yes and no. (cop out)
51. Was the first person you talked to today male or female? Male
52. How late did you stay up last night? Ha! I was being tired and old-lady-ish so I went to bed at 11 and read for an hour.
53. Have you ever seen your friends naked? ?? Odd question. Yeah, that one time I told them all to strip and did a line-up inspection. Sure.
54. Are you nervous about anything? Paying back loans, finding a real job...etc.
55. Are you jealous of anyone? Not anyONE, but I am jealous of those I know who have art studios outside their homes (or a room exclusively for it) and can leave projects around without having to eat sitting on the floor because the dining table is covered...
56. What's something you really want right now? Lunch
57. Anything exciting tomorrow? Visiting with friends and going to a movie!
58. What is in your pursehandbag/backpack right now? I carry a lot of junk: Lip balm, calendar, 10 pens, scissors, hand sanitizer, wallet, crumpled napkins, altoids gum, ipod, flash drive, a rock, paper clips, mirror, keys, probably a lot of other things...
59. Wallpaper on your cell phone? The orange and red abstract arty thing that came on the phone (one of the oldest Nokia's...held together with rubberbands and nailpolish).
60. When is the last time you were in a swimming pool? About a year ago in Tahoe.
61. Where does most of your family live? Sacramento and Bakersfield
62. Do you sit or stand in the shower? I do cartwheels
63. Could you live with roommates? Of course, it provides for a lot of entertaining stories.
64. How many pair of flip flops do you own? 3
65. Did you ever throw up while kissing someone? Nooooo, I don't think I'd kiss someone that repulsed me that much.
65. Do you have a flip phone? No, unless falling apart in your hands counts as a "flip".
66. What was the first thing you did this morning? Made coffee
67. What are you doing this weekend? Going to a BBQ, hanging out with friends, watching a movie, and cutting out 40+ paper "fishbowls" with pipe-cleaners attached.
68. When is the last time you ate a sandwich? Last Tuesday in Tiburon.
69. Are you old enough to vote? Yup.
70. How has the week been? Too much work and work-related drama...but no more than usual. Cute kids at art camp... A kid told me I was a "crazy lady," which totally cracked me up!